Friday 18 April 2008

Student internship (job) interview

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hello! dear readers,

Happy to be back to share more experience with you. As I promised to keep you informed of my job interview, I intend to abide by my words. I was called upon for an interview in the north west of France for an internship in the human resource department.As it often entails in the country side, regardless of the post you are applying for, you need to have a drivers licence as well as a vehicle but I happen to not be in possession of any of these documents.

The interview went well and the interviewer was very comprehensive and considerate and considered my personal working experience as professional experience.
As you all can imagine, there are also other candidates applying for the same post. Students here need to acquire professional experience while in school, in order to be competitive and easily fit into the professional world.
But the lady interviewer, a young lady of about 28 years of age promised to call me in 2 weeks time to inform me of her final decision (when she would have met with the other candidates).

I keep my fingers crossed and hope there is no other candidate better placed than I am i.e, a candidate with driving licence, a car, who have acquired more experience within the course of his or her studies, or better still, in a business school.
Here in France, a business school applicant is more priced than an applicant from the university. The reason is that the business schools are more professionally oriented (the teaching technique is centered on enterprises/companies), and the students are advised to go for internships in companies as early as their first year as an undergraduate.

To keep all chances on my side while I wait for a favorable response from the company, I have gone to register at a driving school (which cost the hell, 800 euros ). If I finally do not get the job, I will at least have my driving licence and hopefully a car .

No comments: