Sunday 20 April 2008

Passions

Every one in life has a passion. I for one, I am someone who immensely have passion for singing, dancing and travelling.
My father was a choir master in my growing days and I used to sing a lot. At six, I joined the senior choir of my church and went for all choir practices despite the fact that my church was at a 20 kilometres distance, enough to dissuade a little child. I later became a lead singer and then joined the Sunday school choir, where I was the soloist until I left the church.
During singing competitions at the National Head Quarters of my denomination, if our choir master hurts my feelings (I did not tell you dear readers that I was a stubborn child, but for positive reasons), when singing the processional hymn, I will shut my mouth up and will not sing and my sister who was the assistant soloist (she sings alto) will decide to join in, as well as the tenor singer and you can imagine what sort of a situation this can lead to.
How does my being a chorister relate to the issue of passion you may ask. There is a link because being someone who loves music, someone who has an inborn artistic features, immediately I hear the instrumentalists play, I let loose and give the best of myself to the occasion and my choir group always comes out victorious.
Same goes to the cultural and acrobatic dance group that I belonged to (Apapa Atilogu dance group). When the group is invited to occasions and as Africans who dance with passion, we liven up a so tight up corporate parties.
Every one around me believed I was going to become a professional singer or better still, carry on to becoming a professional dancer. Instead, it was my elder sister (the alto singer) who finally pursued a singing carrier.
Today, I am following up studies and I have focused my passion into leisure, cultural and educating travels (of course not necessarily study and professional travels) but to enhance my experiences through travel.
Some images of me with class mates, travel images and some cultural activities.



Lion dominating the way at the Kings Big Game Park Hlane in Swaziland


"Bombayser" discover India's cultural celebration in Lille

Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis (Les Giants de Lille Nord-Pas-de-Calais)

at school and Ping's birthday

No comments: