Thursday 1 May 2008

Diving the Gulf of Siam

Thailand is one of the most visited countries in Asia. Despite the Tsunami, people were still trilled to visit this country and so was I; which made Thailand to come on top of my February2006 travel destination.
Since Phuket was touched by the devastating Tsunami, my group of friends and I decided to visit Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. We only had 10 days holidays, which is not sufficient to make a remarkable trip but we tried as much as we could to make good use of the time we had.

The aim of this trip was to go diving in the sea of Thailand. I do not swim even till date but after my first dive (CMAS) in Bora Bora in the French Polynesia, I decided to try the PADI "discover scuba" diving training. I do love diving and wish to take classes in order to have either the N1 or the "open water" diving certificate, which will allow me to be autonomous at greater depths. But my only problem till date is the courage to learn how to swim.

Some images of my Thailand travel:

Bangkok train station

Monument at the Grand Royal Palace

Grand Royal Palace soldier (Bangkok)

Grand Royal Palace (Bangkok)


Diving Ang Tong national park

Guardian Grand Palace

Tuck Tuck quick transport



Elephant ride

No comments: